Can traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and herbs be used as a remedy for Coronavirus Symptoms? Herbal medicines like Astragalus root, Licorice root, Siler root, Forsythia plant, Honeysuckle flower and Atractylodes roots, are explored in this article.
The COVID-19 pandemic has left many people seeking alternative treatments to the viral flu condition, as opposed to falling victims to questionable vaccination and pharmaceutical drugs promoted by world governments and mainstream media as the only solution.
Information gathered by the AllHealthNews team suggests – certain herbs and ancient practices might help protect against COVID-19 coronavirus, and/or ease its symptoms, according to the Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine.
Some of the herbs and supplements listed in the Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine suggested for use to treat and/or prevent coronavirus include:
- Radix astragali (Huáng Qí) – Astragalus root
- Radix glycyrrhizae (Gancao) – Licorice root
- Radix saposhnikoviae (Fangfeng) – Siler root
- Fructus forsythia (Lianqiao) – Forsythia plant
- Lonicerae Japonicae Flos (Jinyinhua) – Honeysuckle flower
- Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae (Baizhu) – Atractylodes root
1. Huáng Qí – (Astragalus Root), is a major medicinal herb that has been commonly used in many herbal formulations in the practice of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) to treat a wide variety of diseases and body disorders, or marketed as life-prolonging extracts for human use in China, for more than 2000 years.
Astragalus root has immune-boosting, anti-aging and anti-inflammatory health benefits. Astragalus is believed to prolong life and is used to treat a wide variety of ailments, such as fatigue, allergies and the common cold. It is also used against heart disease, diabetes and other health conditions.
2. Gan Cao, also known as ‘Licorice root‘ and Radix Glycyrrhizae, is one of the well-known herbs used in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) as a harmonizer in herbal formulas. Licorice root has been used as a healing agent for more than 5000 years. The medics and healers in ancient Egypt used to brew a traditional drink called erqesos, using licorice and consume it as a healing tonic.
Licorice root relieves cough significantly. It protects the inflamed mucous membranes of the throat and trachea. It has antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic effect. It also prevents ulcers, inhibits gastric acid secretion, relieves gastrointestinal smooth muscle spasm, and eases pain. More on GanCao Licorice root benefits here: Licorice Root (Gan Cao, Radix Glycyrrhizae)
3. Fang Feng – also known as ‘Siler Root‘ is a traditional Chinese herb with many health benefits. According to the Traditional Chinese Medicine theory, Fang Feng enhances the ability of our bodies “to fight against airborne pathogens” – seasonally, environmentally or year-around – naturally. It also happens to be one of the three herbs in our Immunity Support formula, which has been keeping thousands of people healthy for three plus flu seasons. You can read more about Fang Feng health benefits on ChineseHerbsInfo and MyDaoLabs.
4. Lian Qiao (Forsythia suspensa) is a traditional Chinese herb that supports cardiovascular health, benefits digestive health, supports respiratory health and benefits the throat. It has antiseptic, antimicrobial, antipyretic, anti-inflammatory and diuretic effects.
It is important to add that, the forsythia plant is a traditional “cold” herbal medicine that is used for swelling of small air passages in the lung (bronchiolitis), tonsillitis, sore throat, fever, vomiting, heart disease, HIV/AIDS, gonorrhea, pain and swelling (inflammation), and a severe skin rash with fever and vomiting caused by a bacterium (erysipelas). See ShanghaiDaily archive for more on Lian Qiao tea health benefits.
5. Jin Yin Hua (Honeysuckle Flower or Lonicera japonica) is a healing herb used in traditional Chinese medicine. The herb is widely used to dispel inner heat, especially in summer. It is usually taken as a daily drink in China. Below are some known health benefits of Honeysuckle Flower (Jin Yin Hua):
- Clears Heat and Reduces Toxins
For fever and any type of hot boils, sores, or swellings, especially in the breast, eyes, and throat.
- Expels Pathogenic Wind-Heat
For common cold with fever, sore throat and headache, also used in treating Summerheat.
- Expels Damp-Heat in the Lower Jiao
For diarrhea, dysentery, intestinal abscesses, or painful urination.
See ShanghaiDaily archive ‘TCM Treasures – Jin Yin Hua‘ for more on Jin Yin Hua health benefits.
6. Bai Zhu (Atractylodes root) is used in traditional Chinese medicine to replenish the Qi, strengthen the spleen, improve the immune system, protect the liver, enhance hematopoietic function; it also benefits natural urination, dry excessive dampness, arrest sweating, and induces diuresis.
Bai Zhu is also often referred to as “The First Herb of Invigorating Qi and Strengthening Spleen.” It is a key ingredient in many Chinese herbal medicine formulas. The root of Bai Zhu has garnered a powerful reputation over many centuries – from helping to strengthen one’s immunity, to helping calm one’s nerves and emotions.
Information in this AllHealth.News article was gathered from multiple sources providing data on traditional Chinese medicines (TCM) as an alternative for the treatment of COVID-19 Coronavirus symptoms, with little no known side effects, as opposed to relying on pharmaceutical drugs with long-term side effects that comes with prolong usage. If you find this article useful, endeavor to share it with friends/family on your social networks!
Get more news like this
Subscribe to All Health News email updates and get only the best health news in your inbox.